Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TNT + GFORCE = LOVE

I wish I could put into words how I feel about Sunday's event but for the first time in a long time I'm struggling to get the words on the page. I've included a video that I think will get it across much better than I can express.

As most of you know Sunday's event - Dallas Rock and Roll Half Marathon - was not my first TNT event nor my first half marathon. Signing up for spring season was sparked by 3 things - 1) Jessica, who I met in Sept '09 on winter team & became fast friends with, was named the Spring run coach and 2) Grayson...my daughter's kinder friend was diagnosed with leukemia last fall and I wanted to train and fundraise in his honor and 3) Amy, a fellow teacher and close friend whose daughter is also in kinder with Abi and Gray wanted to join TNT and complete her first half marathon!


Any TNT event I do is meaningful because it is preceded by five months of training with a TEAM of incredible individuals...people who you get to know and share smiles, laughs and even tears with. Grayson was named a TEAM honored hero and so was Noah. Shortly after meeting Kalee, Gray's mom, she told me that her and her husband (Lance) along with some of their friends were going to train and run the half and call themselves GForce / Team Grayson - Stronger than Cancer. Kalee was able to come out several times and train with the team so there was a huge connection between GForce and TNT. I am blessed to now call Kalee my friend and knowing her will forever have an impact on my life. As you can see in the photo above several of us put GForce logos on our TNT purple jerseys for race day : )

Watch the video here!

The link above should take you to youtube...the one below is embedded but doesn't work for everyone.


I can't forget to mention that with all your support & donations I raised $925.24 for this event, but Will and I are still working on our fundraising for summer TEAM. We have $800 more to go with two months of training left...so it doesn't stop for us! We are here with new seasons and new events until we find a CURE! Every dollar donated helps fund crucial research for better treatments and ensures better patient services.

In closing, I want to express my deepest sympathies once again to the Reding and Kiser family. Noah, our team honored hero, lost his battle on Friday, March 16...nine days before our event. Pam, his aunt, is a friend and teammate. She with her two daughters (Ryann & Kendall) ran the event in Noah's memory and his parents came to support them. The entire North Texas Team was given purple bracelets at the Inspiration dinner to wear during the event to honor Noah, his family and his battle.

I am once again proud to be a part of the BEST. TEAM. EVER which now includes Team Grayson & Team Noah!


share on: FACEBOOK

1 comment:

  1. As always Dianna you blog is awesome. I consider it an honor to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete