Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Princesses & Sunday's Event



Have you been wondering about an update on our new honored hero Nory? Well I am pleased to say that her Mom started a blog...it is called Princesses Get Cancer Too.

I know it seems strange that I would be excited that Jennifer (her mom) started a blog due to her diagnosis but when these children are diagnosed and we get to know them they become part of us (and our team) and I like to stay as up-to-date as I can.

When I have a not-so-good training day or just don't feel like getting out of bed at 4:30am to go spin or run...I think about what these children have to endure during their 3+ years of treatment. All the pokes, hospital stays, upset tummies and so much more...and all they want to do is go to school or be outside with their friends. Furthermore, I think about the sleepless nights their parents (our friends) have wondering what tomorrow will bring and praying that their child regains a life full of good health and happiness.

But what makes me smile most are photos like the one of Nory above...photos of our honored heroes being just like any other child...smiling, giggling and having a good time at home!
Sunday brings our spring TNT season event...Dallas Rock & Roll HALF. Race week always brings some new ache or pain and mine right now is my right calf so we shall see how it feels this weekend. But what I know is that I will finish the event with a smile on my face and joy in my heart...calf pain or not...because it is for Team in Training.

There will be a sea of purple jerseys from around Texas and surrounding states who have all fundraised for LLS/TNT. There will also be a group of GFORCE runners supporting Grayson and his family...Kalee & Lance (Grayson's parents) will be among those running in his honor and if all goes well Grayson will be at the finish line cheering them in! Sunday isn't even here and I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. These events mean so much to the participants and our honored heroes and their families.

I can't wait to see all my teammates and GForce runners cross the finish line! GO TEAM!



share on: FACEBOOK

1 comment:

  1. I so hope Grayson can be there for the finish. How neat that his parents will be running!!!

    ReplyDelete