Monday, May 21, 2012

Race Week

Last TEAM practice...ready to RACE!
This time next Monday, May 28 we will be getting ready to walk over to the transition area and get ready for CAPTEX OLYMPIC TRIATHLON.  I can't believe it is already here.  Like all good race weeks...they are crazy busy...with all types of aches, pains, sleeplessness and just plain mind games.

Saturday was our last TEAM practice and we did 3 repeat bricks of swim, bike, run.  It wasn't our hardest training nor the longest but I was totally wiped when I got home and I only did the swim once. I sat the other two out because I'm still a bit concerned about the bronchitis I had two weeks ago.

I think my body is ready for some rest this week and I'm going to let it win over my craziness to push too hard.  Even Sunday my 8-miler with friends turned into 5 miles and then coffee : )

Sunday afternoon we celebrated my Grandma's 90th birthday!  What a joyous occasion and one that I will definitely remember for years to come and I think my children will too.  We are blessed beyond words for her good health and energetic spirit.  I can only hope that I'm still moving like that when I'm 90.   My grandma along with my Mom, Allie and the kids will be joining us in Austin this weekend.

Celebrating 90 years young!  We love you!
Please send prayers for safe travels and lots of good swim, bike and run vibes our way this weekend!

And finally....to everyone who stays up-to-date on this blog and who has donated to us for a past event or for this Tri event...THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!  We could not have done this without you!  You not only helped give us that extra push every time we saw a new donation but you gave hope to all those fighting cancer...with the money donated you have helped further new treatments and better patient services.  Together we raised $3,896.00 for this event and our entire Triathlon team raised over $40,000!




share on: FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment