Friday, February 26, 2010

Why Two Countdowns?




If you read the two previous posts you may be wondering why there are two countdowns (to the right)? Well, on February 2 we received news that Georgia was in REMISSION and upon receiving that incredible news Will decided to set a new goal. Not only will he train and ride in the Shiner Century but also the LLS Team in Training flagship Century in Lake Tahoe, NV. These events are within one month of each other, and while it will be difficult, the overwhelming support of Georgia and LLS inspired him to do just a little bit more.
With that being said we had to raise his fundraising goal to $3600, so we encourage you to share this page with anyone who might be willing to help. Will and I also got to spend some time with Georgia and her family on February 13 while in Austin for the Austin marathon. Will presented her with a Texas flag that was flown over the Capitol on the day of her remission. It was great visit and we look forward to seeing Georgia again in May before Will heads out for his 100 miles to Shiner!

As I mentioned the other reason for going to Austin was so I could complete my FIRST HALF MARATHON along with two of my closest friends - Wendy and Beverley. I was a little worried about the weather because this was the week it "iced" in Dallas but it turned out to be a beautiful day. My goal is to complete a HALF marathon every month in 2010 (if I can find one)...so we'll see how that goes.


share on: FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment