Monday, February 1, 2010

How We Started


For those that don't know...my niece, Allie, was diagnosed in 1994 with Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL). She was a mere 7 1/2 months old. She underwent 2 1/2 years of treatment and is now a healthy, happy high school student. Throughout the years our family and friends have participated in a number of Team in Training endurance events benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Most recently, Will, Allie and myself trained for the Dallas White Rock marathon relay event on December 13, 2009, in celebration of Allie's 15th year in remission. It was a joyous occassion and one that will be remembered for years to come. Will and I really enjoyed getting back in shape and doing something that benefited others, so we decided to keep training for future events which led me to setting up this blog - Bacons for a Cause. Our hope is that it will eliminate many of the emails we send out regarding updates and donation requests. Our wish is that each of you become a "follower" of our blog and help us FIND A CURE! GO TEAM!

One NOTE: We have turned on the comment moderator; therefore, if you reply to our post it must be approved before it will show. So please only post once and then check back later. Thanks.

share on: FACEBOOK

1 comment:

  1. Didi & Uncle Will,

    This website is amazing! I will be thrilled to read it when you update! Yes, White Rock will be an event that will always be remembered! I felt honored and very good that day.
    I am very pleased with both of yall, immediately after White Rock Uncle Will was already out there signing up for another event! And Didi, you continued training.
    I am very impressed and glad you are someone who wants to find a cure and stop this diease!

    I love you both very much! I look up to each of you very much!
    Allie

    ReplyDelete