Sunday, September 11, 2011

September...should be like October!

I've been pretty quiet these last couple weeks...but today I got fired up again. Our new winter team had our Honored Hero Luncheon and we had a fantastic turn out! It was great to get together with teammates outside of running clothes and share friendship and food!

I was reminded today that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and I have a wish. That wish is that the month of September would be just as big as the month of October in that October is "pink-ed out" supporting breast cancer. Don't get me wrong...I support breast cancer research. My Mom is a 20 year survivor and I never want to have to go through what she did nor would I want my daughter, niece or anyone else I know. However, I want the same support for children enduring cancer. Everyone who reads my blogs knows that children with cancer pulls at my heartstrings more than anything else. It is heart-wrenching to see a child endure cancer!

Please help me support fellow teammates as they fundraise and train to find a cure. If someone asks you for donation...please give! Even $5.00 means the world to that person asking! Incredible, kind and giving people have joined our TEAM this season...one of our coaches said it best last week "We are pushing our bodies to meet new challenges, and raising funds for life-saving research. Whether we knew someone that had been touched by a blood cancer before we joined, or if we met them along the way, we all have some connection to the cause. Every step we take, every training mile we log, and every dollar that we raise makes a difference in someone’s life. "

So please help us make a difference in someone's life...especially the life of a child!


GO TEAM!


share on: FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment